audio help

Sep 24, 2015

I have four layers in addition to the base side.  Each slide is narrated.  I do not know how to get the audio to not play on the based slide every time the learner goes back to it....????

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Betsy,

A few things - 

First, I noticed your slide layers were not set up to "pause the base layer" so I changed that setting, as that way if the user clicks on a layer before the audio finishes on the base layer they won't hear the overlap. 

Second, you had a trigger to play the media when the timeline started of the base layer, but based on this basic set up, no need for the trigger as the audio will begin with the slide starts as a default. 

You did have at least one trigger to "stop the audio" when the user clicked to open the other layer, but that trigger was before the show layer trigger so it never had time to execute. You'll want to see that I changed the order of those triggers. You could include that trigger for each of the layer buttons - as the other element is that with the slide set to "resume saved state" if they didn't finish listening to the audio it will pick up where they left off. Once the audio has finished though, it didn't replay. 

Hope that helps and feel free to let us know if you need anything else. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.