Audio in StoryLine 360 recording

Aug 23, 2022

When recording and including that video in as a step-by-step over a few slides, will I hear the computer generated mouse clicks and the speaker's voice audio?  In other words if Jane is recorded walking through a software tutorial but I include the recording as a step by step into StoryLine 360, will I still hear Jane's voice through the step-by-step?  I need to record SMEs walking through a process; I need Jane's voice as well as the step-by-step breakdown of the process.  Possible?  Hoping I'm just overlooking something obvious.  thanks!

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Karen, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Storyline 360's screen recording feature can capture audio from a video being played on screen, but when this recording is converted into step-by-step slides, the resulting slides will only have a frame from the recording and will not have any audio available. Here's a helpful article which explains step-by-step slides in greater detail. 

Example step-by-step slide:

You can divide your video recording into smaller segments and insert them in between step-by-step slides, but since this is more of a design related inquiry, I'll leave it to the expert hands our community members to see if they can offer a more detailed suggestion on how they were able to address a similar requirement.