Single Mouse Click Sounds Like A Double-Click

Jan 23, 2023

I am in the process of building a series of video using the screen recording feature. When I record, I turn the audio off on the recording window. I am importing the recording as a step by step so it also adds a mouse object to my timeline. If I set the mouse click to Single, I hear two clicks, if I set it to double I hear two clicks, and if I set it none I hear no clicks. Is there a know issue with the Single click not working? 

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I tried replicating the behavior you experienced, but the recording that I made on my end properly had single mouse click sounds instead of two. Here's a link to my recording so you can hear the clicking audio. 

As a troubleshooting step, please try the following so we can isolate the issue: 

If the issue persists, reach out to our support team by opening a case here for further assistance. 

Jose Tansengco

Hy Cynthia, 

I believe we're hearing the same thing. What you're hearing isn't the sound of a double click, but rather the sound of the mouse button being pressed and released. If you listen closely to the sound that a mouse button makes in real life, you'll hear two clicking sounds, one for when the button is first clicked indicating a selection, and another for when the same button is released. Here's another mouse click sound from Youtube exhibiting the same sound pattern. 

There isn't a way to change this sound, but you can definitely add your own sound effects to your slide. You can also create a feature request if you'd like to see more customization effects for mouse cursors!