Big and urgent problem with the Articulate Storyline 360.

Nov 10, 2017

Hi, I have a big and urgent problem with the Articulate Storyline 360.

I created a system support module for an internal registration program. Note that I created 6 modules earlier that work perfectly.

The four new modules have in some way become corrupt. You can not use Preview mode, it can not publish to Articulate Review or to LMS. The only thing that works is to publish to Word.

I have tried to copy the pages in the file and paste them into a new project without success.

Anyone who has participated in this or have quick tips on solving it?

16 Replies
Walt Hamilton

If you have 125 slide, you can identify the offending slide by importing 7 times.

Import half the slides. If you cannot preview them, they contain the error, and you have accurately cut your search field in half. If you can preview them, the error is in the other half. Import half the bad half and test. With 125 slides, after 7 imports, you will have the one offending slide. If you have two corruptions, you may have to track them down one at a time.  See the video.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sonja and Jens, 

I'm sorry you've run into this issue, and I'd love to help. If you'd like to share your files here we can take a look or feel free to send them along to our Support Engineers here. 

In addition, some good ways to prevent these odd issues which can ultimately lead to file corruption are outlined here.  I'd also want to confirm that you had installed the latest update of Storyline 360. 

Jens Wisén

Hello and thank you for your dedication. I attach three different files. Those who are called Verisale_Ombokat besök_171109 and Verisale_Skicka vidare en aktivitet_171109 are corrupt and the one that is called Verisale_Söka och filtrera aktiviteter_171110 works perfectly. All three files are recorded at the same time and, as I know, rebuilt in exactly the same way.

I look forward to following you troubleshooting and the answer to how the error can be corrected.

//Jensa

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jens,

Thanks for sharing your files. I took some time to test them and play around with it. The Verisale_Ombokat story was the one I spent the most time in (since you said they were both corrupt). As you shared I didn't see anything odd or different about them so I starting going through the import process. 

Sadly, I didn't get very far. In that file everything from slide 2 and beyond threw the error on it's own or in a file with slide 1. 😕  I'm sorry to come back with bad news. 

You mentioned they were rebuilt in the same way. Were these files upgraded from a previous version or modified from a shared template? Anything else you can think of about how and where these files were created may be just the hint I need! 

Katie Riggio

Hi, Maurie! Really sorry Storyline freezes when trying to Publish to Word – I'd be happy to investigate this for you!

Can you help me with the following?

• Can I confirm if you're using Storyline 360, or another version?
  • Is this happening with all Storyline files, or just one in particular? If it's just the one, try importing the content into a new Storyline project to see if that fixes the issue. 
  • Would you be able to send me your .story file for testing? You can add it as a comment by clicking on Add Attachment below, or you can share it privately here.

I'll be here!

Maurie Baker

Thanks Katie for getting back to my issue so quickly, I seem to have fixed the issue by turning off the computer and turning it back on again. Thanks again

Kind regards

Maurie Baker
Training Curriculum Developer
Jetstar Engineering Safety Risk Standards

Jetstar Airways
Jetstar Suport Office (JSO)
83 - 87 Operations Road
Tullamarine Vic 3043
Ph +61 (0)3 8628 3715 (direct)
Mob +61 (0) 400 996 095
Email maurie.baker@jetstar.com

[Description: Generic

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.