Bookmarking issue SL360

Mar 19, 2021

Hi!

I have created a branching course with a main slide that people go back to to branch through the four branches. Within each branch, there are quiz questions (not graded). Once I get into a branch, it bookmarks within the branch, but never bookmarks that a branch has been completed, so it takes me into the first branch someone had entered - no matter whether they got through all branches or not...

LMS is Success Factors.

Help?

6 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Heather,

You haven't indicated if this works in preview, but just not when in the LMS, so I am going to assume that it isn't working at all.

The attached example may give you some ideas to work with to help solve your problem. In this example I have used variables that are set when the user clicks on the Continue button at the "end" of each section. These variables are then used to indicate on the menu (using a check mark) which sections have been completed. Once all sections are complete, it then jumps the user to the next slide (in this case, Conclusion). If you wished to do so, you could also use the variables to disable sections that have been completed, so that the user can only visit each one once.

In your case, I would have the trigger to adjust the variables attached to the button that returns the user to the original branching slide once they have completed the quiz at the end of each branch.

Hope this helps, but if you have any further queries, just get back to me here.

Heather Alden

It works fine in preview. It works fine when published as html. It’s just not bookmarking with the LMS

Sent from my iPhone

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee. Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such actions
may be unlawful. Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all messages
and enclosures sent to or from this email address.

Ned Whiteley

Hi Heather,

Unfortunately I can't help you with that one, but I am sure either someone with Success Factors LMS expertise or a member of Articulate staff will be on hand shortly to assist. Sometimes it depends which LMS you are using as to whether it works or not, but I have no experience with Success Factors and so can't really offer further advice.

Heather Alden

Hi Ned -

I am adding a custom button and changing my variables to trigger when the user clicks the button. We'll see if that works.

In the meantime, now I'm having issues with my Zoom image function. It's changed my smaller zoom image into an even smaller image?? Here are some screen shots.

Heather

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee. Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such actions
may be unlawful. Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all messages
and enclosures sent to or from this email address.