Branching question

Feb 22, 2023

Hi all, 

I am struggling with branching within my project. Early in the course, learners can select a Contact Center or Field track. After narration covers the specifics of each role, at the end of that slide learners then select a manager or associate track. At that point learners are routed in 3 branches - Field Associate, CC Associate and then Managers. 

I am trying to avoid having a separate manager track for both CC and Field since there are only 3 out of 19 slides that are different depending on their role. Is there a way to branch CC managers to 3 different slides based on them selecting CC early in the course and then later selecting manager track? Can I create a variable for them selecting CC button earlier in the course? i.e. Jump to slide #, when the user clicks next, if CC Button is True? If so, how can I create that variable?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Robert Stryker

Dragana,

This can be done with variables. Sometimes the tricky part lies in the details of your build. But here are some suggestions:

1. Create two text type variables and name them something like "department" and "role." Leave the Default Value for each blank.
  2. When the participant selects their department and role, use the associated button triggers to, for example:
    Adjust variable
    Set department to value CC (or alternately, field)
    When the user clicks
    yourButtonName1

Adjust variable
    Set role to value manager (or alternately, associate)
    When the user clicks
    yourButtonName2
  3. When the participant clicks on Next where the branching begins, you can create triggers like the attached screenshot to direct the participant to the proper content - whether it is common to all managers or exclusive to the particular department.