Bug with iframes since new update (June 2022)

Jun 28, 2022

I am in the middle of a massive project where we occasionally need to link to HTML interactions (as they cannot be reproduced in Storyline). We've been using iframes thus far which has worked well.

Using the Insert Video from Website option we add this code

<iframe src="../folder/interaction.html" scrolling="no" height="464" width="760" frameborder="0" style="overflow: hidden;"></iframe>

Once published we then copy the interaction folder into the storyline output folder where it can be accessed.

Unfortunately since the update when I enter the code and click OK, it just hangs. This is happening to my colleagues as well. If I change the source to a direct link to a website (src="http://www.google.com) then it works fine. I believe Storyline can no longer cope with the relative path anymore.

Can you offer any advice on how to fix this?

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone! ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.76.30446.0).

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

• You can now insert web videos using relative paths.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

3 Replies
Jürgen Schoenemeyer

hi,
there are three options

(1) downgrade to Storyline 3.64 and hope for the fix - but i wouldn't have too much hope, the function you use is called "import video from website".

(2) copy the 'external Video'-object from old projects to the new project with copy/paste

(3) migrate to 'Web Objects"

Jürgen

Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone! ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.76.30446.0).

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

• You can now insert web videos using relative paths.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day!