Button Triggers

Oct 16, 2023

Hi all,

I'm setting up a training which requires multiple items to happen on one slide. First, this slide is the main page where users will navigate to each section from. Based on this, there is audio they are required to listen to before they can navigate to any slides by selecting the appropriate button. When they select a button, they will be taken to the appropriate slides associated with that section. When they are brought back to the main slide, I want the button to show that they have completed that section.

I've added an attachment showing the current trigger but I am running into some complicated issues I'll do my best to outline. 

-To get the audio to play only on the first time the slide is accessed, I've made the buttons start as Hidden and they will only display as Normal once the text-to-speech completes.

-When I added this, the buttons no longer remain in the "Visited" state after they are selected

-Before I added the audio and updated the buttons to start as hidden, visited buttons would include a checkmark but for some reason wouldn't display in the updated color I have set as the Visited setting

Any and all advice would be appreciated, happy to provide further information, too.

1 Reply
Nedim Ramic

Just a bit to get you started. I created 4 slides with first slide being my Main page, and three other slides being my content slides I navigate to from the Main page.

1. Create a custom variable (eg. "audioComplete") and set it to "False".
2. Create a trigger Play audio when the timeline starts on this slide if "audioComplete" = value False. 3. Create another trigger Adjust variable Set "audioComplete" to value True when audio completes.
4. Create three separate triggers Change state of button to Normal when the audio completes. 
5. Create three separate triggers Jump to slide when the user clicks button

First three triggers will ensure that the audio is only played once. Upon returning to the Main page, the audio will not play as condition in second trigger has changed by an action in third trigger. I suggest having "Resume saved state" selected in the Slide Properties for this type of training so the buttons visited state are retained upon revisiting the Main page.  

I attached a simple .story file to demonstrate all steps above with the buttons showing locked, unlocked and complete states. I am not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but please feel free to ask for any further assistance.