Calculate the total score to display a layer - Storyline 360

Jan 23, 2023

Hello there,

I want to know if that feature is possible. Let me explain that.

I want to display a layer on a slide that the student will visit multiples times. I want to display a layer thanks to the student's total score of if the student suceeded to all the scene's quiz.

I don't know if it is clear but I just want a variable that can help me to display a layer with the total score of the student(the layer will appear when the student get a certain amount of score).

-> I want to do it on the slide 1.10 and with all the quiz of the first scene.

Thanks a lot

5 Replies
Gauthier Bremnar

Thank you so much! It works and it will help me a lot to continue my course !

I have another question about this course. I would like to create a virtual wallet, thanks to Storyline quiz's score all along my course. For that, I need to find a way to update the score at any time so that students can access to their wallet (their storyline score) whenever they want. (I'll need that for a combined score between scene 1 and 2)

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot guys!

Walt Hamilton

Yes, you can. I normally set it to True when they click to move to the next slide.  

As for your wallet, you can do that, too. The only caveat is that you can’t change the system variable that tracks points, so you will have to track it with a custom variable if you want them to be able to spend from it 

I would create two variables, the amount available, and the amount spent. Then when I want to use it, copy the score earned to the amount available, and subtract the amount spent. When a new amount is spent, increase the amount spent.