Can learners view a course designed with Articulate Storyline 360 without downloading Articulate?

Oct 03, 2020

Hi team,

I'm sorry if the question has been asked or seems silly. I just haven't found the answers I'm looking for. I have created my first course on Storyline 360 and I need to upload it on an LMS (Moodle) for learners to engage with it. It is a project for university, so students have to engage with each other's work. The problem I have is that they don't have a subscription with Articulate 360.

I have followed all the steps to publish the course correctly and I have just uploaded the Zip file to Moodle (hidden from others for the moment). It looks like to access the course, students will have to download the Zip file. But, I don't imagine they will be able to read the file without downloading Articulate Storyline. I was hoping others could simply access the course online by clicking on a link. Is there any way to do this or is downloading the Zip file as well as Articulate the only way to access the course?

Thank you very much for your help!

Lyse 

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

I don't know about Moodle, but I know that for some systems, you have to load a .zip file, then unzip it so the system can administer it.  For others, you upload the published folder, and the LMS takes it from there.

At any rate, if they download the .zip, and it is published to web, or CD, they can run it without Articulate.

The real problem is that once you figure out how to get it into their hands, SL has no built-in method for collaboration, aside from a teams subscription for each individual student.

You may be able to work something out by using Google forms.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.