Can't Get Publish to mp4 in Storyline 360 to Complete

Nov 02, 2018

Hi! I have been trying to publish a Storyline 360 file as an mp4, but Storyline has been running for 18 hours and it's still not finished. I need to get this file converted. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to complete the publish file? 

11 Replies
Barry Hollembeak

I am now experiencing the same issue. I published to video a couple of weeks ago and although it took a long time, it did finish. The other day I did the Storyline 360 update. Now I have a 16 slide story that I need to publish to video, but now it goes extremely slow (all day) and when it gets towards the end Storyline closes and nothing is published. When I reopen the story I get a message that the project has been recovered and needs to be saved.

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Barry,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are experiencing as well.

I took a look at the case we mentioned above and it looks like Abel is still conducting some testing, so I have no update to provide on that issue.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If it's happening in any/all files, you should certainly conduct a repair of your software.

We can take a look as well if needed, just share your .story file here.

Janice Woodward

I received the following solution from Daniel:

What is the length of your Storyline and how many slides total? How about breaking your slides/scenes to a lesser slide for quick rendering? Once you have all the mp4, use another tool to stitch all videos together.

I published my slides to mp4 by scene and put them together and published to mp4 using Articulate Replay. It worked just fine. 

I'd still like to be able to publish mp4 files via Storyline, but this will work in the meantime.

Hannah Hartwell

Hi all,

I'm also not able to publish Articulate 360 files to an MP4.  I have tried the following, re-starting my computer, uninstall and re-install Storyline, ran clean up script as an administrator, ran Storyline as an administrator, downgraded versions (since this functionality worked in previous versions).  We need to publish the .story file to an MP4 file for 2 courses.  Course 1is 99MB, and Course 2 is 586MB. 

Does anyone have ideas on how to solve this?

Donna Cobbs

Thank you i have been struggling this for days, I will try this method with using Replay, but I would like if Story line could publish most of our stories to MP4....I am trying to create software demos with sales content in front, simulate and close with more content, so they are not short by any means

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.