Can't Open Storyline

Jun 12, 2023

I have a longstanding Articulate 360 account and every time I try to open Storyline I get a message that asked me to sign in to my Articulate account, even though I am already signed in because Rise is open in another tab. very frustrating....

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Guy!

It sounds like you were having some issues getting signed into Storyline 360 through the desktop app. I'd be happy to help with this!

This article outlines some of the reasons why signing in could fail, and the steps to solve them:

Please try these solutions and let me know if that does the trick! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Guy, 

Looks like you tried adding an attachment, but none were added to your last response. You can add attachments using the 'Add Attachment' button in the response box. 

Authentication happens in the Articulate 360 Desktop Application. Signing in here will allow you to be signed in to Storyline 360 as well. If you keep getting signed out of the Articulate 360 Desktop Application, please follow these steps to remove all Articulate 360 files and registry keys from your computer, so we can start completely fresh:

1) Close the Articulate 360 desktop app by right-clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choosing "Quit."

2) Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all Articulate 360 apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app, Peek 360, Replay 360, Storyline 360, and Studio 360.

3) Download and extract this zip file on your computer: http://articulate-360-kb.s3.amazonaws.com/360cleanup.zip

4) Right-click the 360cleanup.bat file and choose "Run as administrator." The script should only take a few seconds to remove all the Articulate files and registry keys from your computer.

5) Reboot your computer.

6) Download the latest Articulate 360 desktop app here: https://360.articulate.com/downloads

7) Right-click the articulate-360.exe file and choose "Run as administrator."

8) Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app and click "Install" beside each authoring app you want to install.

9) Reboot your computer and test your Articulate apps.

If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can troubleshoot the behavior further.