Can't update Articulate 360 due to company restrictions

Mar 07, 2017

Hi there,

I have a problem with updating Articulate 360. Our company has really strict security policies that do not allow installation of any software / updates without permission. I need to ask for a persmission to execute any *.exe file. The problem is that when I'm downloading a Articulate 360 update it is stored in a temporary catalogue of my windows profile. I need to allow our security team to access the exe file to get permission. However the Articulate 360 deletes the files right after it is downloaded, so it becomes impossible for me to install it! Is there any way I can manually install updates or at least change the folder of the download of the updates? It is really frustrating.

Pawel

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Pawel,

I'd like to have you work with our Support Engineers to help figure out some next steps for you - so I've opened a support case on your behalf. You'll see an email from our team shortly and it'll come from Support@articulate.com

Thanks for posting here, and you can always reach our Support Engineers 24/7 using this form. 

Max Larson

I have a similar issue. Is it possible to still access Storyline without having to update it. Our security protocol requires that IT support install updates. I wanted to work over the weekend but couldn't because there was an update to Storyline pending, and I couldn't get IT support to update on the weekend. Is there a way I can use the software without having to do the update first?

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Max and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sorry to hear that you've run into an issue with this. You should be able to use your software prior to installing updates.

You will see update at the top of your desktop app, but you can ignore it and open/use the apps without updating.

Hopefully your IT team will be able to assist soon because we always have a lot of good fixes in those updates and you can read the latest here.

Mary Coleman

I have a similar issue due to tight security restrictions we NOW have to connect to a DSL line to do the updates.  Making it more of a nightmare, I am a teleworker which means I have to physically take my computer to the work site to have the updates downloaded by an IT person (with an AA account) via a DSL line. Is there a way we can download a file with the updates and then do the install?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.