Can you change the font color in the Notes tab in Storyline 360?

Aug 26, 2019

The template I'm using has a black background for the Notes tab, and gray font. As you can imagine, the text is hard to see. Can the font color be changed in the Notes tab?

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

Good news! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

9 Replies
Blue Pearl

Hi Cindy. I just had a similar problem last week. I used the following link which provided some assistance: https://community.articulate.com/series/74/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-add-slide-notes#format

Unfortunately though, it seemed to work in the preview version but not in the published version. What did help was to highlight each set of notes individually and set the text highlight color to "No Color. "

Michelle

Qinyi Yao

Hi Leslie,

I have the same issue with Notes font. I am using the modern player, and it's the dark theme. I don't know how to make the default font color and size as they're inconsistent through the course. Some notes appear to be more white-ish while the others appear grey. I cannot find the "Advanced Color Options" for the modern player.

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Jill!

Great questions. I'm happy to answer them:

• Is there a way to adjust the font color/size of notes via slide masters? 
    Currently, there isn't a way to adjust the formatting of a font via slide masters. 
  • Does the format painter work in the Notes panel?
    The format painter isn't available for notes at this time.

We're actively tracking requests for a global notes formatting option, so I'll surface your post to my team. Here's how we manage feature ideas.

One idea to control the visual appearance of text elements is to use text styles. You'll still need to apply the style to each Notes panel, but it might help speed up the process. Here's a video demo.

Let me know if any more questions come to mind!

Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

Good news! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.