Cannot choose which Results slide to use for tracking when publishing to LMS - work around

Dec 02, 2014


In case someone else comes across this problem when publishing their Storyline project to LMS, here are the details of a report I submitted to support, with work around. (Case Number: 00439379)

I have a project that contains three question banks and 4 results slides. If I select to publish to LMS and "Track using quiz results" radio button is already selected then the drop down selection to choose which "Result slide to report" is grayed out and cannot be selected.
If I change my tracking to "Track using number of slides viewed" then click back on the "Track using quiz results" radio button now I have access to the drop down selection for "Result slide to report". ....I was panicking for a bit before discovering this work around :)

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for sharing that here. I looked into your case and see that Jayem shared the following:

I tested the steps you provided and was not able to reproduce the issue. First, let's verify if you are using the latest version of Storyline 2. Let us perform a repair installation. Here's how:

1. Uninstall Storyline using Windows' Add/Remove programs
2. Download a new installer and save on your desktop:

3. Restart your computer
4. Turn off your anti-virus program
5. Close all running programs
6. Right-click the installation file, and select Run as administrator
7. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process
8. Reboot your computer and test again

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance. 

I'm glad you were able to determine a fix for your particular issue, but since it sounds like odd behavior I'd want to confirm that you were working on local project files and have you look into conducting the repair detailed here. 

Adrian Shepard

Hi Ashley

The case has now been updated and the problem is logged as a bug.

I tried the steps detailed above and with SL2 update 2 the bug was still present. I reported this back to Jayem and Jayem then replied "I was finally able to reproduce the issue that you are reporting. It does look like a bug. I have forwarded this to our QA Team for further review. I will let you know as soon as this is addressed."


This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.