Change State of

Jun 10, 2016

Hey everyone.

I've a Button with three states (normal, true, false).
I've a slider with three steps (0, 1, 2)

All fine. I change the state of the button when the slider moves. When is equal == 0 = normal, when is equal == 1 = normal and when is equal == 2 = false

When the timeline starts I set the slider == 1 and the Button state to normal.

So, now I've a submit button and when I click on it I check the right answers and show the correct or the incorrect layer. All fine until now. But when the incorrect layer is shown there is a try again Button inside and when I click on it I'll jump to the current slide to restart the quiz.

But on the Base Layer the Status from the Button is not set to normal. I've also set change state to normal when timeline starts and when slider moves and is equal == 1

Any Idea why the Button state is not set to normal? 

11 Replies
David Hellmann

Hm I'm nearly done but I've one problem. 

0 — 1 — 2 are my possible settings for the slider. 1 ist my default State. When I switch to 0 and click try again he switched to 2 and when I switch to 2 and click try again he switched to 1

I don't know why he jumps from 0 to 2 :D

My Reset Button is inside a Layer. 

Any Ideas?

David Hellmann
Phil Mayor

Without seeing the slide itself it is difficult to give an answer, if you cannot post the slide then a look at the trigger pane on each layer may help.

Okay below are four images.

Image 01:
I set the Answers as variable to adjust the Slider later.
I check when I click submit if all answers correct or if one of them incorrect and show the correct or incorrect layer after this click

Image 02:
I've five sliders and here you can see the settings for Q1 Slider.
I set the initial state to 1
I change the State of the Background to TRUE / FALSE / NORMAL by means of the state of the slider
I change the State to normal when the timeline starts

Image 03:
This are the Settings for the Incorrect Layer
I've to buttons. The first Button shows the answers and the second one is try again to restart the quiz
I change all state to normal and for tests the Q1 Slider to 1 (middle default position) 

Image 04:
All fine, he resets the states but now the button is on Step moved to left (the complete Button). I set it by Hand to 0 to demonstrate the problem.

It's not really unreproducible whats going wrong :/

David Hellmann
Walt Hamilton

David,

I didn't look at all of your triggers, but I know the ones inside the red circle will not be executed, because when the first trigger jumps to another slide, it will stop going through this list of triggers.

Ah I think I've a solution they work for me. I'll check that. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.