Close Captions

May 16, 2019

I am using Storyline 360

I have audio files that we want to play over text on the screen.

How do I get Close Captions to work, and display. I am a complete novice to using close captions, ideally we want them to show on interactions as well, for example when some selects an image we want the audio to be triggered and the Close Caption to show.

I have experimented but failed so far

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rachel,

What have you tried so far? Let's start at the beginning with the basics. 

First, how did you add in the closed captions? You'll want to follow the steps here to add them into your project. 

Next, you'll need to include the Closed captions button as a part of your player. You'll find directions on enabling that here. 

Once you've published the course, your learners will see that button and be able to turn the captions on/off. 

Rachel Steele

I am pleased to say with a lot more playing (I couldn't actually find any
user guides for it) I worked out that right clicking on the audio in the
timeline allows you to access the accessibility menu and I was able to add
the Close CAptions. I also found how to turn it on on the player so it
displayed.

Thank you

Kind regards

Rachel
Rachel Steele
e-Learning Consultant
Mob: 07970771285

Glad you found it, Rachel! I'm sorry my links didn't help - but those should have taken you directly to the user guides on how to add the closed captions and turn it on within the player properties. 

Also, I noticed that your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if you would like by clicking Edit beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Hi Irina,

Correct. As Matthew's tutorial mentions this is based on our accessibility features and ensuring that those closed captions meet the guidelines. If you do proceed with his ideas on how to reposition them, feel free to reach out to him directly, or I know he's an active member of our community if you post here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.