Collect user text entry from multiple users?

Mar 14, 2015

Is there a way to collect the responses from all participants who have completed the same online course and display them on the screen for new users to see when they input their answers? I have added a screen shot of an example that I found in an online training course.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shawntay,

I'd agree with Dennis's thought here as pulling the information from an LMS in terms of variables and Javascript would be a lot to set up - and depending on when the users are answering and additional LMS reporting setups it wouldn't necessarily be a "real time" adjustment - whereas Google forms/docs allow for you to see the information right after the user has entered it. 

Claudia Medina

I have a question about this. How do you import the Google Spreadsheet into Articulate 360? I tried as a WebObject, but the spreadsheet requires a browser to be displayed. Also, I want to allow students to see only one answer and not all. Is there any other way to use a form inside Articulate and restrict the views? Also, I changed the permission in my Google spreadsheet to allow collaborators, so I have to use a link that only allow collaborators. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Claudia,

Which tool within Articulate 360 are you looking to display a web object within? Storyline and Studio allow for the display of web objects, but Rise does not for example. If you're inserting a web object, the users will need to be able to access the internet while viewing the published output as that is where the web object resides, it would just be referenced within your Storyline or Studio project. 

There isn't a way I know of to restrict certain elements within the web object based on the individual viewing it - as that would require them logging in to an element within the web object. Perhaps you could share a bit more detail about what you're looking to accomplish so that folks in the community can weigh in with some further expertise. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.