Corrupt 360 File

Oct 02, 2019

So frustrated! Spent a few hours creating this course in Storyline 360 and suddenly without warning I get a message that says it's closing my file and then it boots me off and closes out that file. I try reopening it but I get a message saying the file has been corrupt (see attached screenshot). How? Why? I've only had 360 for a few months and and created several videos without issue and now all of a sudden this happens. Because I couldn't reopen the file I decided to recreate it from scratch...yet another few hours spent for it to happen AGAIN!!! Do I spend time doing it again for a third time? Anyone else experiencing this? I do have Storyline 3 but I know I did not create it in that. I am able to open the file in Storyline 3 but I need it in Storyline360 because I need to publish it into an MP4. Is there any way to convert it from SL3 to 360 without having to recreate it AGAIN? Please help!

Thank you,

3 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Sandie

not really - things happen with software but the best practice recommendation is to always work locally (have your SL source file and asset files on your C:Drive) as working from a network drive, USB or external drive can sometimes cause issues.

You could try following these two KB articles which talk about fixing unexpected and erratic behaviour and repairing SL.

Let us know how you go and if you want to upload the source file I can try and see if I can recover something...this is a public forum so if your project is confidential don't do it...all the best Sandie.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.