Corrupt Storyline File

Sep 05, 2022

Hi!

I was uploading my course to Review, in the middle of the process Storyline crashed and then, when I restarted it, I was surprised with a message telling me that the file is corrupted.

Now I'm unable to continue working on my project and everything points to me starting over.

Also, I checked this link about looking for temp files but there was no one in there.

Can anyone help me to recover all my work?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Ariel, 

Sorry to hear about your project file. 

Since you were working on your project file when the crash occurred, I'd recommend double checking the temp folder just in case the temp file may have been in a different location. Here's our procedure for recovering files in the temp folder: 

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

If your temp folder is empty, we'll be glad take a look at your corrupted project file to see if it can be recovered, although I want to set the expectation that recovering content from a corrupted file is very challenging. Would you be willing to upload a copy of it here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look?