Course Completion Criteria

Nov 15, 2017

I am dealing with a corporate LMS tester for a course I have developed.

I am being asked the criteria for course completion.

In my case there is no quiz.

They just need to complete all the slides. BUT...

There is a branching midway where learners choose whether they are clinical or nonclinical and complete that stream before going back up to the rest of the slides.

Naturally, depending on your stream chosen you would never complete the alternate stream selection.

How and where do you set the up the criteria selection for such a course? Is this done in Storyline 3 where I authored it? In SCORM Cloud?

Thanks for any and all help you can provide me.

Gratefully,

Roy

1 Reply
Tim Bowman-Jecmen

You can set that within Storyline. Within the Publish window, select LMS then click on the Reporting and Tracking button. In the resulting pop up window, click the Tracking tab and you can select the minimum number of slide views required for completion - so probably the total number minus the number of slides in the un-visited branch. If the branching options have different numbers of slides, be sure to set your required total for the lower possible total. I don't particularly like doing it this way, but it should do the trick.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.