Crop aint working after latest update 4-2023

May 06, 2023

Cropping works on some images but it does not on others. When it doesn't work, I don't even get those black borders that you get when crop is working. Instead I get the crop symbol attached to the cursor. When I try to crop the image it disappears completely. In fact, sometimes other layers disappear. The layers are still visible in the timeline but they are invisible on screen until I delete the cropped image from the timeline. Then they come back. Anyone get this? I was able to crop the image in question one time (still didn't show the crop borders) but I have not been able to do it again. SL also crashed a few times after doing that.

2 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi D R,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

• Is that happening across multiple projects?
  • Is there a difference between the images that are able to be cropped and those that aren't?

One thing you can try in the meantime is to repair Storyline, which usually fixes unexpected behavior. If the issue persists, please let us know here or privately in a support case so we can investigate what's going on!

D R

Hi Kelly, thanks for responding. Yes, it happens across multiple projects; I made a new file just to test it and copied two images over. And it's not just those two images, I have two dozen images of food and it really seems random as to which ones work and which do not.

I looked for any difference I could find including sizing, file type ( they are all pngs ). I will look into that link about repairing storyline. Thanks