Does storyline 360 create closed captioning text for audio/video I import?

Aug 09, 2023

I am wanting to be clear on this and I am confused. I see where in 360 you can import cc files already created, or you can put in text that will create the CC AND a voice. 

What i cannot find or understand is if you import an audio file or video file, will 360 automatically create the text/closed captioning, therefore meaning I wouldn't have to use an outside source to do this. Is this correct? Will 360 automatically create the cc for my imported video/audio tracks for each slide?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Katrina, 

Happy to help!

Storyline 360 does not have a feature that can automatically generate closed captions for you. You'll need to import closed captions or add them in manually to make them available for your course. 

This is not to be confused with Storyline 360's text-to-speech feature. You can use the text-to-speech feature to generate closed captions that are automatically synchronized with text-to-speech narration, making your course more accessible. In this scenario however, the closed captions will come from the text that you enter in the text-to-speech feature, they are not automatically created. 

Although we don't support this method, you can upload your media files to Youtube and use their automatic captioning feature to automatically create your caption files. Here's how.