Downloading fonts

Jan 20, 2023

I downloaded a SL template that is looking for Poppins fonts.  I downloaded the file of Poppins fonts, unzipped them in my download folder on my PC.  Is there a particular folder I should install the fonts to?  How will the new template find them?  TY.

8 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Frank, 

Thanks so much for reaching out!

When you download the zip folder for the fonts to your computer, choose your Desktop.

From there, select "Extract all" and choose your C drive. It should work on more than one specific project once you have extracted all the contents.

Please give that a try and let us know if you are experiencing any hiccups!

John Morgan

Hi Nadia,

I'm happy to jump in here! I understand you need some clarification on how to install fonts. Here are the steps after extracting the font files in the zipped folder.

1. Open the unzipped folder.
  2. Right-click on the font you want to install.
  3. Click Show more options.
  4. Click Install.

After doing these steps you will be able to see the fonts in Storyline 360.

I hope this helps!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Nadia, 

Happy to help!

It shouldn't matter where you extract the fonts as long as you install them afterwards. Would you mind checking Microsoft Word to see if it is able to detect the Poppins font that you installed?

If not, you may need to perform the installation of the font again. You can check out this article to know more about using and testing custom fonts in Storyline 360: 

Please let me know if you are able to see the Poppins font in Microsoft Word!

Patrick Bracken

I'm having a similar issue with fonts. 

I have installed fonts to Windows 11 (Amazon Ember Font; ttf).

I can design the slides with the fonts.

I cannot see any content in preview or in a published state.

I have tried using a windows font (Arial). Everything works perfectly for the Windows font.

Installed fonts are making the project fail. Any ideas?

Eric Santos

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the trouble with the custom font in Storyline. If you can see the font properly during editing, you should also see it in preview or publish.

If you've already tried reinstalling the Amazon Ember font, try running the steps below to fix possible installation issues with Storyline.

We'd be glad to investigate further if the problem persists. You may share the Amazon Ember font file here or in a support case.