Downloading From Articulate Review back to Storyline 360

Aug 28, 2017

Is there any easy way to bring a presentation back from Review to Storyline 360?  I've accidentally save over top of my Storyline file with another presentation. 

Pinned Reply
Michael Marcos

Hello Laura, everyone,

Storyline just received a new update today which includes a new feature called Cloud Backup. This means that from this version onwards, any Storyline course you publish to Review can be backed up to the cloud. Pair this with the just recently released Team Folders feature and now you can easily share Storyline project files with your team. No need to upload to a third party vendor.

This also opens the door to be able to keep keep different versions of your course, and access them from anywhere with your Articulate 360 account. 

Read more about the feature here

39 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Ramabhadra!

There isn't a way to draw the .story file from published output at this time, but let's see if we can find the needed version in your temp folder. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Also, did you have any luck using the Undo button (ctrl+z) before closing the file? 

Mo Islam

Hi, Do we still not have the ability to download a published Review 360 file? Would have thought after all the number of requests from many years ago we have this by now. I have been tasked with continuing a project from a colleague who is on long term sick leave. Cannot access his files. So have no choice but to start from scratch :(

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Craig, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. šŸ˜Š

Thank you for sharing what you are currently experiencing. The project file is not included in the publishing project in any format, including Review 360.

You should locate the file in the location where you saved it. If you use Storyline 360, the file will be a .story file extension. You mentioned a quiz, so that may be a .quiz file from Quizmaker 360.

James Carter

This thread is more than 4 years old and everyone has just ONE request... 

A way to convert your OWN review back to STORY or at least the SCORM (.zip) file.

I see several people who have voiced their concerns and a zillion more might be just silently waiting for a solution. 

What exactly would it take for articulate to develop a simple solution for the owner to download from their own published Review?

Some of us have had to re-create everything ground-up and waste a lot of time and effort because this feature is missing... and we work against strict timelines from our clients and can't particularly wait a few years for Articulate to enable something that's so simple.

Laura MacNeil

I would like to add my name to this list of folks who would like the option of downloading a SL file from a review link. 

(But perhaps with a way to prevent others for downloading your work? Maybe only the account that created the lesson could re-download it somehow...)

Thanks Articulate Team : )

Michael Marcos

Hello Laura, everyone,

Storyline just received a new update today which includes a new feature called Cloud Backup. This means that from this version onwards, any Storyline course you publish to Review can be backed up to the cloud. Pair this with the just recently released Team Folders feature and now you can easily share Storyline project files with your team. No need to upload to a third party vendor.

This also opens the door to be able to keep keep different versions of your course, and access them from anywhere with your Articulate 360 account. 

Read more about the feature here