Drag and Drop issue

Jun 25, 2023

Hello, I am new to creating eLearning using Storyline, I have only ever created in Rise 360, and the challenge I am having is with my Drag and Drop scenario.

The objective is for the learner to drag the symbols/objects to their corresponding boxes and a layer should show the meaning of the symbol if it is placed correctly.

I have tried all types of triggers and nothing works. I even removed the drag to return option and nothing.

It's the WHMIS 2015 custom, as you can see I tried a couple of other things and now I need some help. I am fresh out of ideas.

Thank in advance.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Dawn, 

Happy to help!

I took a look at your project file and saw that you were missing some of the triggers needed to display layers after an object is dropped on its correct drop zone. Here is an example of one missing trigger: 

You'll need to add this trigger setup for each of the 6 items in the slide. I've attached an edited copy of your project file so you can see how I fixed the Flammable icon to correctly display its trigger.

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here: https://articulate.fyi/3ZiKgu9

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterwards! There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Hope to see you there!