drag and drop with layers

Aug 15, 2013

Hi!

I'm working on a slide where I have several object I which are dragged to a target image and each object shows a different layer. I have already created the Triggers for each object and this part is working fine.

However, I want to set the slide that when they drag the subsequent objects to the target, the previous object returns to it's original position. I can't seem to figure out how to get the original object to return. Right now, when dragging each object, they all remain on the target.

I also have set the objects with a DONE state to show when they have already been dragged to the target. So when the object returns, i want the Done state to appear. 

Do these last two actions (return object to original position, and change object state upon return) need to be done with Triggers or with VAriables?  I am really stuck here.

Thanks!

Kim

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kimberly,

Without seeing what you've got set up, I'm just taking some educated guesses here...first, if you'd just want the items to return to their original position after being placed on the drop target (assuming there is just one drop target) you could check the box to only "allow one item in each drop target like below. I don't know how that would impact your states - I'd have to see your set up to fully test it out.  

Is this thread the one you're talking about with the buttons and videos? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.