Drag / Drop issue

Nov 02, 2023

I am creating a freeform drag and drop interaction and I cannot figure out why some of the drag objects are snapping to the correct spot when dragged over an incorrect when that hotspot is no where near the correct spot. 

For example dragging the Tolerance Zone leaf over the right or left WHAT leaves is snaps to the correct spot on the WHERE stem. 

This is also happening with some of the other leaves. 

It looks like I have the for set up right and the triggers do seem to be incorrect. 

I am not sure what else to try. I have changed the size of the HotSpots and that didn't change it either. 

Any suggestion would be great, I have attached my storyline activity. 

Thank you. 

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Melissa,

Happy to help!

I fiddled around with your project file and found that the slide interaction worked better when this option is disabled in the "Drag & Drop Options": 

On top of that, I also think its a spacing issue with your oval targets being placed too close to each other. If possible, please try increasing the spaces between hotspots to avoid any potential overlapping. I confirmed this by moving some of your hotspots around as well as increasing their area and doing so allowed the leaves to 'snap' properly to the enlarged hotspots shown in the screenshot:

Try making changes to the spacing and general size of your targets and let me know if this makes a difference!