Editable on-screen text output in Storyline 360 published Word document?

Sep 09, 2019

Hi, We are just starting to use Storyline 360 for our eLearning development and we prefer to send SMEs and Editors a Word document with editable text from the course output for review using Track Changes. In the past when we used Adobe Captivate we were able to output a "storyboard-ish" document handout that included editable on-screen text in addition to the Notes/Narration text. We were also able to modify the scripting of the handout layout for our purposes. Is there any way to do the same with Storyline 360 published Word handouts? We really want to be able to prototype in SL 360 and then output with editable text for both on-screen and narration for the review process in the early stages. We will still use Review 360 for part of the review process.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Kris

6 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Kris,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m glad you’re team uses Review 360 for part of the review process as it’s an excellent way to consolidate feedback from all your reviewers.

Publishing to Word can give you slide images, layers, and editable notes that you can track in Word. While there’s not a way to edit/track the on-screen slide text without adding it to the notes section, you can use the translation tool as a way to export the slide text to Word and either combine or use in conjunction with your output. There will be some columns you’ll need to clean-up, but hopefully it's a step in the right direction!

Perhaps someone in the community can offer up their best practices as well!

Kris Thayer

Hi Ren,

Thanks for the tips. I'm new to Articulate in general, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this. I tried the Translation tool to Word feature and I got an error as follows "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." I can't find where to submit something like this for application support.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.