9 Replies
Benjamin Clatworthy

Hi, I am also experiencing this same problem.

Initially I was experiencing really slow performance i.e. there was a significant delay on all inputs and mouse clicks. I've never experienced this before and it seems to stem from me downloading the most recent update.

Now when I want to preview my project, the progress meter freezes before an error message appears. I am able to preview each individual slide but can't review or publish the entire project. I also experienced an error message when trying to close the program and had to close in task manager in the end.

I have tried resetting my machine, importing the project both into a new project and an an existing project. I have tried copying the slide content into a new slide. All to no avail. All my previous projects (that are seemingly more complex than this one) still operate fine and I am able to preview etc.

I'm getting anxious as I have a soft deadline for this project this week and cannot get it to work

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Johan, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you reaching out to share that you are experiencing a similar issue.

You mentioned that it's a specific scene. Here's how you can narrow it down further:

• Preview individual slides in this scene to identify the problematic slide.
  • You can hide items on the timeline to determine which item is causing an issue on the identified slide.
  • Replace or recreate the challenging timeline item.

If you'd prefer to work directly with our support team, please privately share your project file with our support engineers by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Benjamin,

I appreciate you sharing all the troubleshooting that you've done so far. 

I'd recommend a repair of your software to correct anything that may have went awry when installing the latest update.

If you are still running into difficulty after the repair, please share your project file with our support engineers privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Benjamin Clatworthy

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your prompt response. After disecting my project I have managed to pinpont what is causing the error.

It appears to be the scrolling panel feature. As soon as I add more than 4 scrolling panels to my project I get the error message when trying to preview or publish.

Any idea's on how to fix?

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for the update, Benjamin.

I am unable to recreate the issue with a sample project.

I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.