Error while working on gradients and alignment issues

Jul 29, 2020

While working on a storyline project, I came across this unusual obstacle. When working on gradients (gradient direction to be precise), the below-attached error popped up. I restarted it, re-installed it, but for no use.

Also, The alignment tool does not work properly for lines.
This worrying me now as I'm very close to my deadline.

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Darshan!

It looks like whatever you're editing is showing signs of corruption. Not to worry, this should be a quick fix!

Is it possible for you to replace the object you're editing? After this, save the project locally. Shut down Storyline 360 and then open the file.

Let me know if you still see the error message!

File corruption is unpredictable, and there's no straightforward way to determine what causes it. Common causes are environmental (disk errors, power outages, improper shutdowns), viruses, failed Windows updates, and even file size (i.e., very large files have a higher risk of corrupting).

Consider these preventative measures to protect your project files:

1. Save and publish projects on your local hard drive. Working on a network drive or external USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency.
  2. Save incrementally. If your app has an AutoRecovery feature, take advantage of it. If not, save a new version of your project every hour or so with a new file name each time. If a file becomes corrupt, you'll still have a working version available.
  3. Don't leave the app open and unattended for long periods of time. Some users have reported file corruption after leaving their apps open overnight. It's possible that a malware scan or disk backup could run because the machine is idle, making your app vulnerable to crashing.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.