Fix for SL360 crashing while previewing, publishing after Windows 11 22H2 Update.

Oct 04, 2022

I've been having issues with Storyline crashing after the recent Windows update and after following up with Articulate support, it turns out that Windows updated the Segoe font to a new version (5.65), which is causing Storyline to crash.

1. Replacing the font has worked for some.

2. In case you are required to use the Segoe UI font, here is a fix that worked for me. We pulled out the Segoe UI font on Windows 10 and reinstalled on Windows 11.

You are welcome to try it if you like. See attached font Zip file.

6 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Sabrina!

I'm happy to share that today we released Storyline 360 (Build 3.68.28887.0), which includes the fix for the bug where Segoe UI fonts could cause Storyline 360 to crash when previewing or publishing a project. 

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! If you run into any other snags, you can reach our team in this discussion or a support case. 

Annie Iacobellis

Was Storyline crashing when a project used the Segoe UI font or for anyone who has Windows 11? I am using the trial version of Storyline that was installed three weeks ago (so after the fix was put in place). My project crashed this afternoon while I was trying to preview it and I lost everything. I wasn't using that font, but I am using Windows 11. Could this still be the same issue?

John Morgan

Hi Annie,

I'm sorry you're having an issue with Storyline crashing! This not only was a problem for people using the Segoe UI font. This was also an issue for people while using bulleted lists. The strange thing is both of those issues are reported as fixed. Here's an article about how to fix unexpected or erratic behavior.

If the problem persists, I can open a support case or you can open one on your own here.

Thanks for reaching out!