Formatting issues SL3\360

Feb 11, 2020

I'm finding that formatting doesn't appear as I've set it. So in text boxes where the text is split and part is bold, and part is regular, sometimes, this displays as expected, and sometimes not. Sometimes when the textbox includes colour on part of the text, this will also not display as expected sometimes. Throughout my course, I've multiple instances where I've got colour, and bold, yet they're not showing. I've attempted to use fonts that I know every brower will have (i.e. Arial), and still the problem persists. I initially thought this was just when on a layer, and specifically within a scrolling panel, but the formatting doesn't show as I've added all of the time throughout.

I've taken some screenshots for reference (from when I thought it was just a scrolling panel on a layer issue):
1. The baselayer which is formatted, and has a scrolling panel.
2. Taken to the thanks layer, only shows the change in colour, no bold.
3. The setup in SL with bold and different colour font.

I'm not sure why this seems to be an issue when I've clearly added bold, colour etc to some of the text in the slide designer view. It's like publishing has somehow wiped some of it??

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Blue!

I'm happy to help! Are you noticing the font appears this way outside of the scrolling panel?

Also, which font have you created with?.

Would you mind attaching your file to this discussion using the "Add Attachment" button? This will help me text the file in different environments to see why the text format isn't carried after publish.

Brian Allen

If you're publishing for HTML5 I'd probably submit a ticket for this. Fonts for variable references have been a long time issue but the new(er) font rendering supposedly fixes all of this, at least according to this article, with the exception of Flash output.

https://articulate.com/support/article/Storyline-Fonts-for-Variable-References-May-Be-Different-in-Published-Output

With that being said, it might be worthwhile to make sure you're using modern text, not classic text. But modern text should be the default so I'd be surprised if that's the issue.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.