Freeform Text Entry Question Triggers Error on First Attempt When Answer is Nearly-Correct
May 06, 2019
I am attempting a freeform question with six text entry fields. When the fields are entered correctly, the Correct layer displays properly, but I cannot get the Incorrect and Try Again layers to work consistently. Here’s what I’ve observed:
- When I enter gibberish into the fields, Storyline clearly recognizes this as incorrect, triggers the Try Again layer, and then triggers the Incorrect layer after the second attempt. This is fine.
- When the answer is close to correct (one extra letter in a field, for example), Storyline activates the You must complete the question before submitting error message.
- The error message only activates when the nearly-correct answer is entered on the first attempt.
- If the learner enters gibberish on the first attempt, and the nearly-correct (but wrong) answer on the second attempt, the Incorrect layer displays properly.
I’ve worked on this for hours upon hours and tried everything I can to fix it. Storyline file attached.
The six text fields are:
1. Introduction and Greeting
2. Build Rapport
3. Invite Purpose
4. Reassure Consult
5. Confirm Agenda
6. Confirm Time Contract
I’d greatly appreciate any insight on this one. Thank you!