Girl Gone Trigger Happy. Good For Girl...Not So Much For Learner :-)

May 03, 2017

Need help, please!

I've made the following changes to an existing template:

• Added 3 additional "Hazard" btns, initially was only 4
  • Added the Visited states, initially only Normal & Selected
  • Changed the trigger states from 'reset' to 'visited' When next Hazard is selected
  • Added a Disabled Next button and set to Initial state. The Next button will change to Normal when all Hazard button have been visited.

MY ISSUE:
As it is now, if the learner click the hazards out of numerical order the visual states will be very confusing, though the Next button will eventually appear allowing learner to move forward. I'm trying to prevent this confusion.

QUESTION:
What trigger(s) needs to be added, or adjusted, to make this a seamless process if user clicks out of numerical order?

Thank you in advance.

I'm using SL2

4 Replies
Ashlee Rainwater

Hello. 

I think it would be far less confusing if you simply add the check mark to the visited state. Typically if an item has a check mark beside it, it meant that it is compled/has been visited.

Also, instead of having the triggers  "change state of "hazard 1" to visited when the state of hazard _2 is Selected" have "Change state of "hazard_1" to visited when user clicks "hazard_1". Doing this will make all of the hazards stay on the Visited state after they are selected. 

MaNaCHa R

Thank you Ashlee,

I soooo get what you are saying which is even a better solution than the initial/original.

Upon understanding your logical, it appears I included an unnecessary step. The visited state was already there, after a minor tweek. Having the hazards stay in the Visited state after they are selected is most diffidently the way to go.

Again, thank you for your time and your comprehensive solution.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.