HELP!!! Upgrade to SL2 - timer doesn't work anymore!

Oct 28, 2014

I have been using StoryLine to develop "abnormal condition" scenarios as part of our reactor operator training.  Using SL I can vary indications (i.e. tank levels, temperatures, pH) and actuate alarms to prompt operator actions.  I don't imagine this was an intended use of SL, however SL 1 did an excellent job.  All of the triggers rely on a timer running on the master slide.  After installing SL 2 this morning the timer no longer functions!

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Steve Flowers

Hey Phil - 

Seeing the same thing. The trigger in the third layer isn't working to open the first layer. I wonder if there's a bug that makes the master think that a hidden layer is still open? Please consider submitting this as a trouble report. It really does seem like a bug to me.

In the mean time, I think you can get this working using a new feature. The addition of motion paths and triggers for "when animation ends" provides a nice way to create a clock. See the attached for an example. I'm thinking this could be used for all kinds of neat timing incrementers.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.