Help needed

Aug 16, 2023

Hello!

I am relatively new to Articulate and even though I already created a course I still am learning about this tool. Therefore, I would like to ask for help. :)

Namely, I am trying to figure out how to create a similar (or the same ribbon) on the slide that I attached. It is not visible while in design mode, but it is when the slide is previewed. The ribbon I am talking about is showing company's logo (doodled-over), module, chapter, and page/slide count. 

I would appreciate any help I could get regarding this.

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Based on your description and screenshots, I'd say that header/ribbon is on a layer on the Master Slide.

• The Master would have a "show layer __ when the timeline starts" trigger, so that the header would show over the slide content when previewed or published. 
    • Since it doesn't show when you're designing the slide, you might want to add guides to ensure nothing important will be in that space.
  • The text boxes might use variables for showing different section titles. Or there may be separate Master Layouts for each section.
  • I assume the Home icon has a trigger to jump to a custom menu/home slide. 
  • The # of # would be text with references to the built-in variables for slide numbers and total slides (either for the full course or for each section/scene).

Here are some related User Guide articles:

Anna Jevtović

Hi Judy!

First, I would like to thank you for your reply. You were right; it is a layer with the navigation from the Master Slide. This is still super advanced for me, so hopfefully I will be able to recreate something similar.At least, now I know what to look at.

Additionally, thanks for the related resources/links you have provided.

Have a nice day! :)