Help Please

Apr 07, 2016

I've probably looked at this course too long. Could I have some fresh eyes? My layers aren't working. I have an engineering drawing on the slide (all the way to the end). I want to show layers that show enlarged sections of the drawing. (I tried zoom but didn't like the way the zoomed information markers looked.)  I can't figure out why my layers are not working?  THANK YOU!

3 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Jeanne

you have a triggers show layer draw features 1,2,3,4 when timeline starts but you have the objects for those triggers layer to appear on your base timeline at 46, 48, 51 and 54 secs. So i think that is where one issue is.

Are you wanting the user to click the hotspots (as per the audio instruction - which I couldn't find on the base slide) to trigger the feature layers? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve.

jeanne strayer

Thank you so much for taking a look. Your comment makes perfect sense I think – I wanted the trigger to show layer to start when the timeline for the TRIGGER started...along the timeline. Did I have it set to show layer when the Base Layer timeline started? I will go back and take a look. I really appreciate the generosity of your time to look at it.

--jeanne

Wendy Farmer

Hi Jeanne

if you want the layer to display at a certain time on the base slide timeline - its easier if you set cue points - see this tutorial.

By adding a cue point  - you can then set the trigger

Show layer xx when timeline reaches cue point 1 - that would be for your first feature (that cue point is set at around 46 secs) this would then allow the layer to display.

Rinse and repeat for the other features.

An easy way to add cue points is to access the timeline then hit the play button in the bottom corner then when the timeline reaches the point you want hit C on your keyboard or if you already know exactly where you want them just click the timeline at 46 secs and click C.  It will look like this

and the trigger will look like this...(your layer name of course)

Hope that helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.