Forum Discussion

AngieNewcomer-d
Community Member
3 months ago

Help with button states

Hey all, I'm having trouble getting an initially-hidden button to appear after other buttons have been "visited" on a layer. I think I have everything setup correctly, but when I preview the slide, the hidden button doesn't appear when it should. Can anyone help? I attached the design file.

6 Replies

• Hi,

Is it possible you could share your Storyline project file so we could see how you have programmed it?

• Instead of setting the Add Files button to toggle to Normal state when all of your buttons are visited, change the trigger to Change the State of the Add Files button to be normal when the state of all of your text boxes (B1-B6) are normal.

• OMGosh that worked! Thank you. Out of curiosity, do you know why it wouldn't work using the buttons?

• I don't think I can say for sure as to why it wasn't working. I'm not sure that I trust Storyline to always understand when something is "visited." Perhaps there was an issue with the trigger really seeing the buttons as visited, but apparently it saw the text boxes as Normal.

• Oh okay. Yeah, SL can be weird sometimes, lol. Again, though, thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it.