Help with Course Completion

Oct 27, 2020

Hi all,

Attached is a slide with interactions. What I want is for the timeline to resume and a "done" button pop up for the learner after all hotspots have been visited. I pause the timeline at 2 secs to allow the user to view each item. I thought I had an instruction to resume the time line after all items had been visited but it's not working.

What am I missing? I know it is something obvious. Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Brian,

In the attached version of your slide I have removed all of the hotspots and the trigger that pauses the timeline and also adjusted the timeline for the Done button back to the start of the slide timeline.

There is no need to use hotspots here as you can trigger the layers by the user clicking on the individual pictures. Having the hotspots actually made matters more difficult as the pictures were never visited because you were only clicking on the hotspots, which were on top of the picture. This meant that the pictures never register a Visited state.

What I have done is to set the initial state of the Done button to Hidden and then changed it back to Normal (visible) when the state of all of the pictures is Visited. As you are now controlling the appearance of the button using a trigger, there is no need to pause the timeline.

If you wished to do so, you could still use a timeline pause if you wanted to have a delay between the last picture being selected and the Done button appearing.

Hope this helps, but if you have any further queries, just get back to me here.

Brian Cook

Thanks! That makes perfect sense, now that I think about it. The picture is an actionable item as much as a separate hotspot, but by placing the hotspot over the pic, the pic's state could not be changed.

Therefore I would probably only use a hotspot if I wanted the learner to click on a portion of an item. In this case, each item is independent, thus no hotspot necessary.

I love learning stuff. You're a good teacher, Ned!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.