Help with Story 360 Changing Aspect Ratio: Fixing Skewed graphics and images?

Apr 10, 2020

Hello all,

My client has asked me to change the aspect ratio of a story project that is nearly complete. (I know, I know smh).

I'm moving from 4:3 to 16:9, and I know that's accomplished with a single click.

I like the way the font sizes scale to fit, but when I select that option, my many images and graphics in the course skew terribly. This means I have to go slide by slide and fix all the shapes, graphics, images, and boxes. 

Is there a workaround for this?

2 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello there, Shari!

Thanks for walking us through! We don't recommend changing the Story Size after starting a project since that could cause elements to move, shift or scale to fit the new size.

Although going from 4:3 to 16:9 won't be a perfect transition, one thought is to select the Scale to fit option. This will still require manual reworking, but will help scale existing slide content to fit proportionately within the new size.

Another approach is to Crop your designs to minimize the amount of rework needed.

You can learn more in the linked resource above and see both options at work below:

Crop

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.