Help with triggers

Oct 28, 2014

Hi there

I've got a number of triggers throughout a module, and I need help please on the following:

1. When a user clicks on a link, additional text appears on a different slide layer. I want the user to be able to click again however to hide that text and go back to the original slide layer. How do I do that?

2. Also, I don't want the user to be able to progress to the next slide until they have clicked on the links to show the additional text. How do I make that a rule?

Thanks so much!!

3 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Rebecca

1. put a button/shape on the layer you want to hide and add a trigger...Hide layer this layer when the user clicks the 'X'button

2. Added a 'visited' state for demo purposes.  Then added a trigger, jump to slide 2 when user clicks next button if button to layer 1 and button to layer 2 have a state of 'visited'.

Here is a sample in SL1 ... the triggers can change depending on whether you are using the default player 'NEXT' button or you are using custom buttons

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.