How to export .ppta audio into Storyline 360

Mar 26, 2018

Tech support reports that I can insert a .ppta file in Storyline 360 and advised me to upload the .ppt version.

I need the Presenter audio associated with each slide. How do I extract the audio and past into Audacity (audio editing)?

Thank you.

1 Reply
Anna Liu

Hi Larry,

Good day! With regards to your first statement, "Tech support reports that I can insert a .ppta file in Storyline 360 and advised me to upload the .ppt version." - this is true because whenever you save a presenter file, 2 files will automatically be created (eg. TEST.ppt & TEST.ppta). Notice that they have the same file name so when you insert this to Storyline 360, you'd only need to select TEST.ppt. (Note that both files should be in the same directory).

If you are using Presenter 360, I'd suggest you go through this document as this contains various best practice approaches (eg. making use of Articulate zipped package, backup, better naming conventions, etc).

Lastly, to answer your question, extracting audio per slide is possible by navigating to:

Articulate Tab -> Audio Editor

(Audio editor will then open) -> FIle -> Export -> and you can choose either WAV or MP3 format.

Reference document located here.

Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.