How to publish in MP4 format

Aug 29, 2016

Hello, I see that this topic came up a few years ago. Is there an update for how to publish a course as an MP3 or MP4 format without having to create another capture? 

3 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hi Christa,

Michael's correct, Storyline 2 doesn't publish to a single file. I would encourage you to Submit a Feature Request for it, however, if it's a feature you feel you would benefit from!

As you touched on, what you could do to accomplish this is make a screen recording of your course using a tool such as Replay or record it within Storyline 2 and export out the MP4. Please keep in mind that you'll lose the ability for the user to interact with the course by doing this. If it's a course designed to just be watched by the learner and not interactive, however, this may be a good option for you. 

Hope that helps! :)

Christa Kuchinski

Thank you Ali. 

I submitted the feature request although it looks like if others have also submitted this request for the past couple of years, and it's still not in production, I'm not sure how many requests need to go through for a feature to be added. 

Yes, some courses don't need the interactivity, which is why having this format would benefit many of us trying to work within storyline. Having to redo courses in Replay or re-record within storyline is not very productive or efficient use of time. 

The video streaming software we use requires one of these formats and building elearning content in storyline doesn't make sense if we cannot publish and stream without the appropriate format. 

But thank you for your help.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.