How to set storyline to track completion using the results of a quiz in SCORM 2004 4 Edition

Jul 26, 2022

I am having a hard time publishing a SCORM 2004 4th Edition file which tracks according to the results of a quiz in storyline 360.

It seems like everything is set up fine and I think it works fine for SCORM 1.2 but it just doesn't seem to be tracking for 2004 4th edition is there something more I need to set up?

I am using SCORM cloud dispatches so it's not an issue with my LMS.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Great call on testing your project in SCORM Cloud. For SCORM 2004, 4th Edition, we recommend using 'Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed' as the reporting option in your publishing settings. Can you confirm if this is the option that you used when you published your course? For your reference, here's an article on how to report completion statuses to an LMS in Storyline 360:

Also, if you are using multiple tracking options to track the completion of your course, whichever option a learner completes first is the one that gets reported to your LMS/LRS. This means that if you chose to track using quiz results and viewing a percentage of your course, and the latter is completed first, then Storyline 360 will no longer check the quiz results for completion. 

If you'd like us to check your project file to see which completion criteria is being sent to your LMS first, upload a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look. Alternatively, you can also check this on your end by enabling the LMS debug mode for your course.