HTML Output and Microsoft Office365

Oct 23, 2020

I have combed the forums for a fix to an issue that I am experiencing and I'm not finding a solution that fits my needs.

I work for a utility company; we use the Office365 suite.  I am trying to publish an interactive job aid that I built in Storyline360 so that our representatives who speak with customers (our employees are working remotely at the moment, by the way), can access.

I stored in on our network drive, but with so many users accessing it remotely it caused serious latency across our system.

I am trying to publish to the cloud (Sharepoint).  This is where I find no solutions that fit my needs.

Are there any other suggestions on housing Storyline outputs for multiple users to access?

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Alicia,

Since you don't need the tracking capabilities of an LMS, it sounds like you just need a place to host a published-for-web copy of your interactive job aid.

• SharePoint can sometimes work, but a lot depends on the specific configurations. Just search "SharePoint" in the Forum, and you'll find many posts about this.
  • Check with your IT department. Perhaps they can put the files on the company's intranet, and then provide the URL to the story.html file (for launching). 
  • Since you have 360, you could put the published files into Review 360. Perhaps set a password for an extra bit of security. 
  • Worst solution (but I'll mention it anyway): have each rep download all the course files to their hard drive --- with instructions about how to launch the job aid from the story.html file.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.