HTML5 buttons not working after state change - Storyline 2

I am having trouble with a slide that works fine in the flash version but not html5.

The button is hidden and changed to a normal state after a condition of 4 other buttons being clicked on. It is the second slide in the attached file. The weird thing is that the first slide works fine and has a similar interaction.

Please advise. Thank you.

 

14 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Magda

I've tried different things and I can't get the Continue button on Slide 1.2 to work in html5.  The fact that other slides are not working and slide 1.1 works I think is good luck.

I tried

  • importing your slides into a new file
  • using custom states
  • using variables
  • creating a new continue button
  • creating a shape overlay on top of the continue button and changing state
  • using triggers to change the continue buttons state on timeline start

Sorry I couldn't be more help. As you say the flash version works fine.

Hopefully someone else can chime in to assist - otherwise I would log a support ticket and get the Articulate Support guys to check it out.

Good luck.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Magda! Thank you for sharing your file here. Like you said, I can see that the continue button works as expected in Flash but not in HTML5. Since importing the slides into a new file didn't fix this issue, it would be best to get in touch with our Support Engineers here so they can work with you one-on-one to resolve this as quickly as possible. And if you do decide to open a case, please let me know your case number so I can follow along, as well! 

Magda Diaz

OK, here's the update from support:

"there appears to be an underlying issue with HTML5 content when a button from Slide Layer is placed on the same spot as the button from the Base Layer."

The solution/hack is to move the base button in another location.

This is a huge problem from my standpoint since it can result if bad/messy UI design but it is a least a temporary fix. Hopefully Articulate fixes this because it seems like a really basic type of functionality.

Make sure to test your html5 output as well as the flash output. This isn't a problem in the flash output but more and more clients are moving away from Flash.

Here is the solution to the files I posted.  http://bit.ly/2iNPMof

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Magda,

Thank you for sharing the update from Vic! I hear what you're saying, as this workaround has created more design work on your end. We have shared this issue with our Quality Assurance team, and we'll be sure to let you know any further information we have to share as soon as we can!