HTML5 Layer Issue
I have a very specific issue that I'm encountering with Storyline for HTML5 output on the iPad. Will you please let me know if you've encountered something similar or if you're able to suggest a solution? Thanks!
On the iPad, layers with audio AND onscreen items synced to that audio are playing strangely. The audio plays perfectly when the layer is triggered. Once the audio finishes, THEN the layer's timeline begins and the items on screen begin to play as if they were synced to audio.
I've attached the .story file for a sample because I cannot share any of the actual courses I'm having this problem with. I've also created a spot on our FTP site that you can view the course from your iPad to see the same issue I'm finding. www.artisanelearning.com/clients/Nick/Layer_Issue/story.html
A few other things you should know:
- Layers that have audio and nothing synced (everything is on screen the duration of the layer) function perfectly fine.
- Layers without audio function perfectly fine.
- The file worked perfectly in early May, before the newest release of Storyline.
- It is not working in another course I've developed that is 140MB - this one is 30MB.
- We must use HTML5 (instead of the Articulate Mobile Player App) because the client's LMS is not Tin Can ready.
I have an active link for published content from May 8, 2013 that works exactly as intended. But now, the exact same course (no changes have been made) republished is not functioning correctly.
Articulate support (case 353534) suggests it is an iOS and iPad limitation, but I'd like to see if there is any other suggestion for a solution.