Hyperlinks in Storyline 360 are not working

Feb 04, 2019

Hello,

I am creating hyperlinks in my module and I have linked words to specific documents so that when the user clicks on the words it will pull up the documents. I have published the module so I can test if they work and they are not pulling up the correct documents. I have deleted the triggers and recreated and linked them several times and they are still not working.

I created resources in the Resources tab and each resource I put up there will only ever open the first one. I have linked several documents all as separate resources but they all only open whatever the first one opens.

7 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi, Addam. Happy to investigate this issue with you!

I published the latest file to Review 360 using Storyline 360, update 24 – here's the URL. When clicking on both documents under resources and the Document/Memos links, a 9-page PDF titled 'Lender Release' appears. Does that match what you're seeing?

Also, it looks like the PDF content is on your G: drive. Let's try changing the location to your local C: drive first to see if that helps.

Let me know, and we'll explore some next steps!

Addam  Donada

Hi Katie!

Yes it is pulling that 9 page document for me and it is pulling the same 9 page document for both resources in the Resource tab. It should be different documents as I have linked them to different files.

The Document/Memos links are also pulling up the same 9 page document when it should be different documents.

Basically what I am trying to do is have each "Example" on my module be able to access different documents.

When I move the PDF content to my C:Drive do I have to re-link the hyperlinks?

Thank you very much for your help!

Katie Riggio

Appreciate you confirming that, Addam!

I had another look at the file paths for both documents under resources and the Document/Memos, specifically on slides 1.2 and 1.5, where I spotted some spaces. Let's also remove the spaces to see if that helps.

Example #1 and slide 1.2 path: G:\Training Project Team Folder 2 2018\Do Not Move Do Not Alter\Cancellation 9 & 19 Module Examples\Example #1\Combined Documents\Combined 1.pdf

Example #2 and slide 1.5 path: G:\Training Project Team Folder 2 2018\Do Not Move Do Not Alter\Cancellation 9 & 19 Module Examples\Example #2\Combined Documents\Combined 1.pdf

Lastly, you're spot-on! After you move the PDFs to your C: drive and remove the spaces, you'll need to relink the files so that Storyline will note these adjustments. Let me know how you go!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.