I need to embed a YouTube AUDIO file in Storyline 360

Jan 31, 2024

Hello,

I have a course in which the learner selects a link to hear a YouTube audio recording. Right now it takes them out of the course and goes to the YouTube audio recording. Then they have to close that out to return to the course.

I want the learner to select the link and have the YouTube audio file play within the slide.

I know how to do this to a YouTube video. I add _popup between "watch" and "?". That isn't working for this audio recording. 

Is there a way to do this? Please see attached file.

2 Replies
Joe Hauglie

This looks like a great project - would like to be a learner given this to take!

I see a couple of options. Both ways allow you to keep the user within the course and do not send them to another browser tab.

One would be to simply play the YouTube audio file and record it (using Audacity or another audio tool); that way you have a standalone MP3 file that you can embed in the course.

Another would be to search for free audio clips of the same sounds, then again, download and embed the standalone file. 

When you link to a URL, you have a couple of other configurations that you can select:

One of these options is whether to have the page open in a new window (or not): 

So I imagine that selecting "display in current browser window" may give you the behavior you're looking for. 

But for me, I would probably follow the first suggestion and create the standalone sound files.

Good luck!